Many Chartered Accounting students hope to land an articleship at one of the big firms in Pakistan. Not only does this experience look great on your resume, but you also get to learn a lot from seniors who have been a part of the accounting field for many years. The top 10 audit firms in Pakistan include the following:
3. KPMG (Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler)
4. EY (Ernst & Young)
5. PUSH Digits Chartered accountants
6. BDO (Binder Dijker Otte)
7. Grant Thornton
8. Crowe Horwath Chartered Accountants
9. RSM Chartered Accountants
10. Baker Tilly
Students who are training to become part of this career path dream to work under the guidance of the top auditors at these firms. If you are one of those people, we will let you know how you are supposed to land an articleship with them.
Make Use of Company Websites
Staying up to date with the relevant employee situation of the company you plan on working for is critical here. You can easily search for vacancies over there and apply. Moreover, a company’s website allows you to find a way to contact the people you want to get in touch with. They usually have email addresses or phone numbers. You can get these from there, but email or call at an appropriate time to look professional. Please make use of formal language and when you are contacting them, let them know why you stand out in a pool of candidates. Lastly, company websites help you gauge the company culture and become aware of all the important policies employers expect you to know.
LinkedIn is one of the best ways by which you can contact employers at your desired workplace. Sending them a summary of your expertise and skillset helps build a more personalized relationship. It also gives them an idea that you are a good fit for the company. They can do this by looking at your profile and seeing all your qualifications. Then, when you connect with someone from the 10 Big firms in Pakistan on LinkedIn, they can guide you through the application process and clear out any queries you might have.
Now that you know how to reach out to employers working at your desired Chartered accounting firm, we will guide you regarding the application process.
Your resume will be the first impression the company will have of you. This is why it is important to make the right one. Try to add a few personal details and educational qualifications. Make sure you mention all past work experience and details of everything you learned during the process. Also, since Chartered Accountancy requires you to have some technical skills, mention any levels of computer proficiency you might have. Apart from that, make use of fonts that are easy to read and give a neat look.
For doing well in your articleship interviews, here are a few tips:
– First and foremost, make sure you look presentable. Audit firms in Lahore and Islamabad are very professional when it comes to their work culture. They almost always have a proper dress code that everyone is supposed to follow. On the very first day, you do not want them to think you would not fit in.
– Be well aware of all relevant news updates regarding your field. Mention a few people you look up to so the interviewer can tell you have a genuine interest in the field.
– Revise all the latest rules set by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan so that you can be ready for any difficult questions.
– Learn important details about the company you are applying to. Make sure you know their standing, achievements, and strengths.
Best Time to Apply
The best accounting firms start looking for interns for articleship before the results come out. So, it would be in your best interest to apply for the position as soon as possible.
While getting an Articleship at one of the 10 big firms in Pakistan might be hard, it is possible. All you have to do is make sure you have a strong work experience in the field, a solid academic background, and a drive to learn. Then, if you keep our points mentioned earlier, you will be sure to get an Articleship at your company of choice.